DIFFERENCES BETWEEN BROILER PRODUCTION AND LAYERS PRODUCTION AND THEIR PROFITABILITY.
1. Usage of production: Broiler is a chicken reared for meat production, Their genes makes them to grow fast. While Layers is a chicken reared for egg production, their genes makes them to lay eggs for about 18months..
2. Start-up capital: In Broiler farming, the capital to start up production is minimal to that of layers production.
3. Revenue generation: profit gain in layer production is more than that of Broiler production. The only thing that can make Broiler production to generate more income than layer production is that when you have large market to the extent that you can’t satisfy their demands
4. Experience/Technical Know how: A novice can rear Broilers From day old to maturity stage under good management, good hygiene, biosecurity measures, giving quality feeds, following the medication and vaccination program without having any issue till the end of the production cycle. But in layers production, you need a lot of experience before going into layers Production.
5. Loss: In Broiler production, the loss is minimal compare to layers production.
6. Immunization and treatment: Immunizing and treatment in layers require more money compare to that of Broiler farming whereby money spend on medications and vaccinations is lesser than that of layers production.