Organic Chicken Farming using Ugu
organic chicken farming business, organic chicken farming , Telfairia occidentalis, UGU, organic chicken farming using ugu.
Organic chicken farming is the use of natural herbs, natural leaves and trees for prevention and treatment of chicken.
Most organic herbs and trees are not suitable for laying Chicken, but I doubt if any body would tell you that. The reason Is simple because only few research is done on that, it might affects egg production (may be a drop in egg laying). Most organic Herbs and training were best done on broilers or any other chicken.
Ugu is also know specifically Telfairia occidentalis .
Properties of UGU (Telfairia occidentalis) / nutritional value of UGU
Ugu” leaf contains a healthy amount of vitamins including; Vitamin A, Vitamin B1 (thiamine), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Vitamin B3 (nicotinamide), and even Vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
Amino acids like: Glutamine, Histidine, Lysine, Methionine, Alanine, Aspartate, Glycine, Tryptophan, Cystine, Leucine, Arginine, Serine, Threonine, Phenylalanine, Valine, Tyrosine and Isoleucine have been found in Ugu leaves and seeds.
Importance of UGU
They are a good source of fiber, nutrients, and parasites prevention.
1. UGU (Telfairia occidentalis) leaf increases the immune system in birds and animal.
2. UGU (Telfairia occidentalis) leaf when dried and powdered and add 50gram into 25kg of feed increases egg production.
3. UGU (Telfairia occidentalis)leaf increases milk production in goats, sheep, rabbits, etc.
4. UGU (Telfairia occidentalis)seed when dry and powdered and add 20gram into 1litres of water
5. UGU (Telfairia occidentalis) leaf helps to increase growth, body weight, and prevent diseases in birds and animals.
6. UGU (Telfairia occidentalis)leaf contains a lot of fibre which helps in digestion.
7. UGU (Telfairia occidentalis)leaf is Rich in calcium, iron, phosphorus, etc.
8. Pumpkin leaf is very effective for stress relief.
9. UGU (Telfairia occidentalis) leaf has an antibacterial properties
in water, add 30ml into 1litres of water
In feed, add 50gram into 25kg of feed. It must be dried and powdered but not dried in a hot sun
Experimental Results on Broiler chicken indicate that, for enhanced weight gain and feed conversion efficiency, birds should be fed 80 mL /litre of water.