HOW OFTEN DO YOU CHANGE YOUR LITTER ?
Here are few tips to note about litter management
1. A clean and dry litter is the major key to having a healthy flock.
2. Wet litter is the breeding grounds of coccidiosis and other diseases
3. Smelly and dirty litter reduces feed intake
4. Smooth litter materials or floor causes spraddle legs
5. Smelly litter causes irritation of the eyes
6. Bad litter reduces birds’ activity
7. Some diseases associated with bad litters are coccidiosis, coryza, salmonella, ammonio conjunctivitis, crd etc
A good litter should be dry, odourless and friable.