SIGNS TO KNOW YOUR BIRDS NEEDS TO BE DEWORMED AND HOW TO PREVENT IT FROM HAPPENING
There are different types of poultry diseases ranging from Respiratory disease to intestinal disease and their are more others. Today am sharing a write up about worm infestation and how to prevent it from your poultry farm.
Symptoms Of Worm Infestation In Poultry birds.
1) Birds will be consuming so much feed for little weight gain and low egg production in layers.
2) Birds are animals that don’t sleep much especially chickens but birds that are infested with worms will sleep much both day and night.
3) Stained Vents(Chicken buttocks)- the vent opening through which birds drop their faeces will be stained with their faeces this is another sign to look out for.
3) Drastic Reduction in birds weight and little, delayed or no egg production in egg laying birds.
4) Birds infested with worms will often stretch out their necks in irregular manners for no reasons, this is another indication that the poultry birds are infested.
5) Low feed consumption and poultry birds will often vomits.
If these symptoms are noticed in a Poultry farm the best response from the farmers is to DEWORM their birds as soon as possible. Birds must be DEWORMED regularly at least 3 times a year because its damages on poultry birds are very severe
How to prevent
1) practice biosecurity because worms strives in wet and mouldy environment.
2) Poultry birds often pick up worms from the ground they are been raised therefore litter must be packed out and where they are raised must stay clean regularly.
3) Regularly deworm your birds have a good vaccination chart or program in your farms
4) Always check and monitor your poultry birds behavior and how they response under different circumstances.
5) Never allow your birds to walk out of their cages or pens to prevent them from eating things that can cause them diseases.